Countdown

Thursday 4 April 2013

March 23rd 2013

March 23rd 2013. It was the day that was never coming.... It was the day I had planned for 19 months, the day that there were blood, sweat and tears put into producing. They say an average person spends 100 hours planning their wedding, that sounds like a lot right? But I think I may have actually spent more time than that planning our wedding. And I must say I am so glad that I did because it all went perfectly!!! So much so, I wouldn't change a thing and I want to do it all again!!

The Night Before
The Night before was a fairly relaxed affair. The girls came over and we had a light tea, cold meat, salad and fruit, we sat down and watched bride wars, a bit of the football, black caviar do her thing, and then finished off the night by watching our deb DVD's. Laughing at each other, joking about the hair styles, remembering the people we hadnt seen in years. It felt like a fitting way to spend the night. It was about midnight when we decided to go to bed...not that I could sleep! I was too excited! The last time I checked the time it was 1:30, but I definitely woke up 3-4 times, and then awoke at 5am! I made myself stay in bed until 6am though trying to get some rest before the big day!

The Morning Of

My maid of honour was already up and at it by then, she had got together breakfast for all of us, which was pancakes, toast, yoghurt! I think I managed to eat about half of what I normally would out of anticipation! Then it was time to head off to the hairdressers!!!!

We were served with a beautiful welcome sign, champagne, and a food platter including strawberries, biscuits and chocolate!!!!

It began

We sat around for a little while, but then the photographer arrived and it was all systems go! Time to get ready, dressed the girls first, and then myself. Lots of photos!!! Then the flowers arrived, so more photos, a quick chat with the florist, and before we knew it the cars were there, a few more photos and time to go..

Sitting in the car on the 15 minute journey was so much fun, with my favourite 3 ladies, trying not to tear up too much. We got closer and closer and the excitement just kept building, it was astrange feeling though, it still felt like it wasn't today. Until we got there and "Without You" by Usher started to play. The girls started the walk and before I knew it, it was my turn to walk up the aisle.

To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment