Countdown

Friday 16 March 2012

So yesterday!

There are so many things in life you can't control, but then again there are so many things that you can. Yesterday would have marked my 1 year anniversary at Kidspot had I stayed on. I couldn't control how I was treated there, but I could control whether I worked there or not. Some people may say I was weak for leaving a job after 9 months, some could say i couldn't handle the pressure, but I don't think that's true. I believe that I was strong to decide to leave a place where I wasn't treated with the respect i deserve, where my personal values were not upheld, know this now, even 4 months on and I still don't have a secure full time job but I am back, my confidence is back, I am happy again and I feel like I am ready to take on the world again!

Other things you cant control are peoples actions and reactions. I have always treated friends and even people I dont know with respect, I'm not a nasty person and if i choose not to associate with people, I won't do it in a bitchy manner,however at the moment I feel like I am being punished by a so called friend because I am happy. And for the last couple weeks this has really upset me, made me feel so unwell that I couldnt eat...another 3kG lost (but not for good reason). So I am going to take my Kidspot approach to this one! I have so many friends that would be happy and proud of me and where my life is at at the moment and to them I say thank you and I love you all, because there is no point being around unhappy people, misery does love company and I don't need anyone bringing me down. 2011 was a difficult year for me and 2012 is not going to be the same!

I am happy! Darren and my wedding is just over a year away now! This weekend I am off to buy my wedding dress, or order it or however you want to say it. Yesterday I brought my shoes online! I hope they are as cute in real life as they are in the picture, but for $100 saving, I think that t'll be worth it! Tomorrow two of my bridesmaids and other close friends are coming with me, hopefully I will find a matching headband, im strangely considering veil now too?, and possible necklace for the big day! I am also getting my lovely bridesmaids to try on option two of the bridesmaid dress, after tomorrow we should know which dress they will be wearing!!!

After tomorrow most of the main stuff will be planned. Then its just getting down to the nitty gritty! Which is actually good! Because I think November to March is gonna be insanely hectic but for great reasons! Two of my bridesmaids are also getting married in this time! Both of which I get to be a part of and I cant wait!!! To see two of my closest friends walk down the aisle so close to me just makes this time so special. We are all feeling the same way, we are all going through the same thing and its makin us even closer and I love it!

So I guess what I am trying to say with this post is that there is no point living in the past, because you can only control what you can, so for me I am living in the future! I am looking forward to it and everything that it will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment