Countdown

Thursday 16 August 2012

Its raining weddings!

So I got engaged at 22. Fair to say that is pretty young, well I think it is young. However even though I am this young so many people around me are getting married too. I find this so interesting because the average age to get married is 29. Don't get me wrong I think getting married young is a good thing....not that  think getting married older is  bad thing. I guess the way I look at it, I get to be married to my man at 24. That means we have at least 5 years to travel, focus on our careers, set ourselves up and then start a family of our own....which frankly still scares the shit out of me. Being responsible for a persons life....eek!!!

Anyways starting from next week, we have trials, engagement parties, fittings, bridal showers, hens nights, weddings!!!! And it is all so exciting, the problem is, next week still feels so far away!!! I know that once I hit my besties hair trials next week that the ball is going to really start rolling...because that next weekend I have an engagement party and a baby shower, the following week I have a work function one night, followed by a friends birthday the next weekend. And thats August done and dusted.

Then I say bring on September!!
Well September does technically start with my friends birthday, the following weekend I am sure will be filled with footy finals for me, the next is NETBALL trip!!! I have never been on a netball trip so its fair to say I am pretty excited, yet scared for the amount of alcohol that will be consumed haha. The following week finds me off my work probation! 3 months already? wow! and only 6 months to my wedding, this shit is cray! The next week I am hoping to be booked with a Collingwood premiership, although I am hopeful I am not confident that this will be the case. Somewhere amongst this there will also be netball presentations and a few friend catch ups!

Now October is rolling around...
I will be starting my second job around this time, and celebrating my fiance's birthday! Our dresses should be in around now too! Then there will be a friends 21st, my hens night and another engagement and a friends birthday to round out October nicely... Doesnt look like a lot, but considering I will be working 60 hour weeks, I think itll fly by!

November....and I am certain it is all happening by now....
First weekend looks pretty OK just work work work, rolling on to Melbourne Cup day baby, and then my dadio's birthday, A super busy week at work because we are getting audited....my first food safety audit, Im scared, the following week is my big brothers birthday!!! Followed by my besties hens night....woohoo! WHICH MEANS only one week to her wedding. So I am sure the weeks leading up to this will be filled with more than I think, including rehearsals, fittings, and all the other bits and pieces. Especially having to throw the work audit in there too.

Decemeber!!!
Starts with a bang... with the first day my best friends wedding!!! A massive day I am sure, and I absolutely cant wait for it. Other than work, things should slow down a little in the lead up to christmas. We will be finalising guest lists and ordering invitations to send out in January.Christmas will be fairly quiet for me, very low key and probably working through most of it where I can to bank some holidays for the wedding. New Years will roll around and another besties birthday will be here on the first day of January.

So after writing all of that, I think from next week, things are gonna get busy....Lets see if the blog will be able to keep up.


No comments:

Post a Comment