Countdown

Tuesday 14 August 2012

Topsy Turvy

So things haven't been going that well of late which is why I havent posted in a few weeks. I have been trying to sort out my head, and then I remembered that the best way for me to do that was to write my blog. So as most of you would know from reading my previous blogs, I had been made to feel a bit selfish by a so called "friend" in the early days of my wedding planning. She made me feel like i didn't deserve to be excited nor should I talk about my wedding plans, and thats why most of the wedding plans so far I decided to do on my own. Simply because I felt like i would be putting everyone out, or annoying them to ask anything of them. Silly I know...

The last couple weeks have also been filled with some price increases to the reception meals, meaning that we have had to cut the guest list a little, but that doesn't really phase me, I want a relatively small wedding anyways. The hens planning has also seemed somewhat of a nightmare with timing, pricing and what to do seemingly difficult to get to suit everyone. I have taken a step back from the hens planning though, and I think my maid of honour has done a great job of planning it since.

The lovely ATO has decided to withold my tax return too, GREAT TIMING!! Because they want to review my claims, I have found this particularly hard to deal with, my claims are legitimate, I can substantiate them, yet I have to wait until October! What about all the other people who actually are tax evaders and who actually do the wrong thing year after year! But nope they penalise me. They were also particularly rude in their approach, the letter stating "of the 79,000 people we review, we find 55,000 to be fraudulent or incorrect" gee thanks Australian Government for calling me a fraud for working so hard, for working more than one job at one time, remember that time when i was at uni and living out of home and you gave me a whopping $14 a fortnight, forcing me to study full time, work full time and run a household. Yep your looking after the right people there, you just keep giving money to teenage idiots who get pregnant, and the people who would rather watch Jerry Springer on the couch all day, instead of looking after and appreciating the majority of the community who do the right thing!

So as you can see my head has been in one angry and frustrating place the last couple weeks...

But after a big chat with my husband to be and ofcourse my mumsy, things are feeling a lot better. I started planning the candy bar, selecting the style and lollies that I want to include, I have refined the guest list to a fair number, we have decided to go a little over budget so I can have the decorations that I dreamed of having, I have de-stressed a little by changing my hair and make-up to the same salon, that way we only have one place to go in the morning of the wedding day, my lovely maid of honour has put out the hens invitations, which has been a massive weight off my shoulders...

So whats next?
I want to start making up my little bonboniere boxes, and I have ordered the little stickers to go on them.
I am waiting to see who makes the effort to come to my hens before finalising the guest list and ordering invitations.
I am going to enjoy it! If I wanna post a status on facebook about the wedding, I am going to do it, cos its my life and I am allowed to enjoy my wedding.
I am going to talk about my wedding plans when I want to.
Most of all I am going to forget all the people that have been trying to drag me down, true friends want you to be happy, they dont make you feel like shit cos they are unhappy with their own lives....simple? I guess I will find out!

Until next time, have a good one


1 comment: