Countdown

Wednesday 13 March 2013

10 days to go...

Coming a long way away from the 500 days to go when I first started writing this blog, and in that very first blog, I wrote what I had accomplished in the last 500 days.... So what have I accomplished in the last 490 since then?

Well it was November 2011 when I first started posting. Lets look at my career first, I was working in advertising as a campaign manager, I had given notice at that job, because I hated it, I felt belittled, bullied and like I was being used. Working crazy hours, travelling to Melbourne everyday just to be abused, it really isn't worth it. So I got out of there and started at a new job in the same role, just as a contract though, then come January the offer to go back to my old job in food science came up, so I jumped at it, I was back to shift work, but in a job I loved and surrounded by amazing staff who are friends of mine. It was great. Unfortuantely when the full time opportunity came up there, I wasn't the right fit. But everything does happen for a reason, because now I work in Quality role, in a food company, in the town I live in! They have invested a lot of training into me, and I do really enjoy the job that I do, very different from this time a year ago. Not to say there hasn't been moments, but I am sure every job has those!

Lets look at the house, we had been in our home for a couple of months, we had done some painting and a few bits and pieces, but since then we have cleared the garden, pulled down a fence, painted the toilet, created a new room, pulled down sheds and made plans for what is next for the house, when we have the money of course.

Then its the wedding, its fair to say the whole wedding has been planned in the last 490 days, and it was the perfect amount of time, it gave me time to really investigate and research into what options we had, what prices we had, it gave us lots of time to save on things and pay off things like the honeymoon. Now we are only 10 days off the wedding, and I couldn't be more excited, I feel like everything has fallen into place perfectly, There isn't anything I can do to control the weather, so I might as well forget about even checking it. Everything is in place, we have the money to pay for everything, so its time to just sit back and relax!

I have also learnt a hell of a lot about myself in the past 490 days. I learnt that so many people will leave your life just as quickly as they came into it, and I finally had to learn within myself that not everyone is like me, not everyone cares how others feel, and in a way I also had to learn to be more selfish. Not just in regards to the wedding but with everything. If I dont want to do something, I dont have to do it, and I shouldn't be made guilty to feel this way. When this happened I used to go to people and try to fix things, or find out why, but now I say screw them, if people want to me immature, if people want to stop talking to me, then lets face it, Im not 15, why would I want to hang around people who act that way? And I don't and because of that I am happier. I will never again apologise for being me, doing the things that make me happy and being good at things even if it makes others jealous.

So its fair to say a lot has changed in the last year and a half, but I think every single thing that has happened has been for the best. But for now I am focused on getting through the next 10 days until I get to marry my best friend and celebrate with the people most important to me. Sometimes its nice to relfect back and see all of the challenges you faced, all of the good times and the bad because it all contributes to the person you are today. Make sure you are happy with being that person, and you aren't just being that way because you feel like you have to.

Til next time xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment