Countdown

Friday 1 March 2013

its been 9 years in the making, and only 22 days to go.

Well this day 9 years ago, I was a fairly timid, fairly shy just turned 15 year old year 10 student. The now fiance had just started his VCE. I was a little scared to talk to now fiance that day, because lets face it, we both knew where things were headed but we will a little too scared to do anything about it. We had had a few texting conversations the weeks before saying how we didnt want to wreck our friendship and all that jazz. But on March 1st 2004 at about 9:30pm we started texting again. The now fiance sent me a text saying I really want you to be my girlfriend, and finally I managed to not freak out and said yes!

The next day was the most surreal day, I remember waking up and thinking I have a boyfriend! Walking to the bus stop I certainly had an extra spring in my step. I remember sitting on the bus with the biggest smile on my face. But then the nerves set in when the bus rolled into the bus loop at work, The now fiance was standing there waiting for me, I didn't know what to do, I went bright red and walked over to him. Said hello and gave him a hug, probably should have at least gone the kiss right? Ah well haha! Anyways the first few days were a bit awkward, mostly due to my shyness. But we got there, Hanging out with the now fiance and his friends at lunch time made me a much more out-going person, It gave me more confidence to make more friends, talk to people more and expand my horizons.

9 years has gone so fast from that day, and I don't regret any minute of it. Its not like we are perfect of course we have had ups and downs, but the thing that I pride myself on more than anything, even on a bad day, or a day we have had a disagreement, everynight we still said good night and i love you, every day for 9 years we have spoken and I wouldn't have it any other way. He is my best friend, he is the one that knows everything about me and he is the one who I know I can trust more than anyone else in that world! So in 22 days when we have a new anniversary to celebrate, I know it is going to be the best day of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment