Countdown

Monday 4 March 2013

Nearly 5000 views

When I started writing this blog, I thought maybe by the time we get married I may have 1000 pageviews. but 5000 is mind blowing. Growing up I always had an interest in writing. I think it comes from my grandfather who was a sports journalist. This was one of the reasons I studied journalism at school. However in doing so I found how incredibly hard it is to break into the journalism field, so I ended up in Advertising instead. And not copy writing either, the behind the scenes uploading of advertising and running of campaigns. So to be writing something that people actually find interesting enough to come back and read is very humbling.

So it is now less than 3 weeks to the big day, so its full on organising now. I think everyone knows what they need to do on the day and where they need to be so thats a good thing. Nearly all of our services are confirmed. Some are even paid for!!! So the next couple weeks will be finishing that off as money comes in, and last minute details are finalised.

My reccomendations for getting through the next couple weeks would be:
  • Have a to do list and make sure you check everything off- I use www.easyweddings.com.au and find that it has guided me through every step of the way
  • Also have some form of budget, what the quote was, a deposit you have paid and what is still owing, again I love www.easyweddings.com.au
  • Ask questions! Dont feel like your suppliers are getting frustrated when you ask questions. They want you to have the perfect day, but try and put all questions to them at once to save continuous emails or phone calls. It helps with the stress.
  • Go for a long walk/run and do something not related to the wedding
  • Think about after the wedding, think about the honeymoon, what project you are going to take on once the wedding is over and done with
  • remember to thank people who are helping you! great for you and great for them!!!

Today I am trying to have a relatively wedding free day. Work, sports massage at lunch time, dinner and a run tonight, probably followed by some gossip girl! Try it! 19 days to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment