Countdown

Friday 8 March 2013

15 days to go...

Wow time really does fly doesn't it? Only 15 days to go now. I think this time in 2 weeks I am going to be a nervous wreck, well anxious wreck. I always get anxious over big events. Have to remind myself to breath all the time. So thats something I am going to try and put in my head....

So two weeks out as a soon to be bride, whats been going on?

  • Confirmation of the flowers. On Wednesday I met with our florist. Discussed the exact flower colours, the arrangements, delivery times and when payment needs to be made.
  • Confirmation of the cake. Confirming the final numbers, delivery time, delivery location and making the payment.
  • Collection of the alcohol for the after ceremony drinks.
  • Confirmation of ceremony location dates and times for both the rehearsal dinner and for the wedding day. I have also confirmed that I will be bringing drinks out on the rehearsal dinner night to be served on the day and making the payment at that time.
  • Confirmation of hair, make-up, nails, tans, has all been set in stone. I have seen all bookings written in the books. I have also got each of my bridesmaids a $50 voucher to put towards their hair/make-up and tans because lets face it, it all adds up and I wanted to help them out, for all the help they have given me.
  • Buying of more jars from op shops...argh the DIY candy bar! Making sure you have enough jars is hard, especially when its still too early to measure out any lollies. I think I could start doing the jars that have lids though. I imagine the lollies will stay fresh for two weeks in a lolly jar. I still have to add ribbons to each jar, and take a photo of the set-up to make it easier for the family members setting up on the day.
  • Dropped off the engagement ring for a bath so its super shiny for the day! It is super weird not having it on my finger, I have replaced it with my old committment ring for the week that the fiance gave me back at our 2 year anniversary. So I'm not feeling too lost anymore.
  • Created a list of what needs to be set up at the ceremony and sent it through to our family members so everyone knows what needs to be done on the day. Hopefully making life easier for everyone.
  • Photographer has already been settled and confirmed, just have to make the final installment of his payment next week.
  • Still have to re-confirm the cars, times, pick up and drop off locations and make payment. I am hoping to do this next week at some stage.
  • We still have to burn our wedding CD and trial it for the ceremony.
  • We still need to organise for someone to return the suit hires on the Monday after the wedding
  • We need to practice our first dance!
  • We have to organise someone to collect the presents at the end of the reception
  • I have to contact the ushers at the reception and let them know what they need to do when they arrive at the golf club.
  • I need to complete the girls bridesmaids packs, and put everything together for them

So there is a lot going on, and still a lot to do! Next 14 days you are going to be busy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment