Countdown

Wednesday 13 June 2012

Wedding Invitations

There is so much traditional etiquette when it comes to invitations. There are so many do's and dont's that I have heard when it comes to doing my wedding invitations, its nearly as difficult as writing the guest list, and that has been a mammoth task!



So let's get first things first.

Save The Date Cards
This is a great way of letting your guests, in particular guests who live quite far away, this gives these guests plenty of time to organise flights and accommodation. Easy Weddings reccommend that you should send these out 5 months before and no later than 3 months before. My opinion? Don't waste the money. If there are certain guests who live interstate, give them a call, let them know when the date is and its a great excuse to have a chat. Also you have to be certain you want to invite these people you send the save the dates too, because it becomes a bit awkward if you change your mind later on.

To include a dress code?
To avoid numerous phone calls I would say this is definitely a good idea. I haven't included a dress code on my invitation, instead I have provided a link to our wedding website. On the wedding website I have example dress ideas, directions and much much more, this is something I would recommend doing. Less room used up on the invite, and a great way to document your day! Easy Weddings have a great tol to do this.

Is it ok to ask for money?
Of course this is ok, we are living in the modern world now people! But it is recommended to include a seperate wishing well, flight centre or bird cage card in with your invitation. Also I recommend saying the most important gift is the guest attendance. I have again included gift ideas on my wedding website, and I have opted for a bird cage and will be adding a bird cage card in with my invitation.

RSVP timeline
This one can be very specific to your caterers and venues so make sure its a question you ask them, most places need final numbers before two weeks of the date. I would reccommend at least a month, because you want to allow for those friends who you know are always a few days late on getting back to you on things.

So hopefully that helps with any questions that any of you might have. As for our invitations they will include out parents names as the hosts, our names, the venue and times, RSVP date and link to wedding website. Additionally in the invite we will also include the bird cage card which entails a rhyme and an RSVP card which we will add our address and a stamp to before sending for ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment