Countdown

Saturday 9 June 2012

The Weigh In

Ok, so I am about a week late on my weigh in! I feel like I have been incredibly busy all week! I think working 5 days again is messing with my brain haha! Anyways as well as cooking, cleaning, playing netball and balancing friends then this week has been hectic! Nevertheless here I am to give you my first official weigh in and details on where I wanna get too.

Height (obviously not going to change): 178cm
Weight (Not fussed if this changes cos muscle weights more than fat): 71.2Kg.
Making my BMI 22.8, smack bang in the middle of the "considered healthy" chart. However I don't feel as healthy as I should be, well not in my opinion. I am tired all the time, I am always coming down with something, and I'm always suffering from joint aches and pains so its time to turn this around.

As for the key measurements
Thigh: 57cm
Waist: 69cm
Butt: 100cm...how big does that sound?
Arm: 30cm...muscly? haha
Clothing Size:10

I don't particulary have any aims to lose weight, but I do want to tone up, feel healthier, have more energy and I would love to fit back into my size 8 jeans for the honeymoon, not that I will be wearing jeans.

So what am I gonna do about it?
  1. Food Intake: I am going to go back to http://www.calorieking.com.au/ This is a website I really enjoyed using. You can put in the weight you wish to get to, or even the weight you wish to maintain, and this will help show you what calories and kilojoules are in the food you are eating. It can be very helpful, because sometimes you can eat more calories than you would expect.
  2. Exercise: I am going to do at least 45 minutes of physical activity everyday. I am going to rotate at night doing pilates, taebo and using my exercise bike, also combining with netball and netball trainings. I am also considering the worth of buying a bike to ride to work everyday, good for me and good for the hip pocket too.
  3. Fortnightly Sports Massage: This is something I try to upkeep regularly due to past injuries, I also find its a great stress release and great for recovery.
  4. Having a bath at least once a week. Baths are great for getting the blood flowing to the muscles and clearing out cells, its also great for the mind.
  5. I am going to conitnue trying to write my blog once a day, getting all my thoughts out definitely helps me sleep better at night, and its been proven the better you sleep, the healthier you are, including brain function, energy and even weight loss.

So what am I going to eat?
  1. I am making banana weetbix muffins for breafast, a quick and easy option that should see me eat in the morning rather than skip. Additionally a glass of apple and strawberry juice to start the day to get the sugars flowing.
  2. Lunch, I am going to have a wholemeal sandwich with lean meats, such as honey ham and salad
  3. Dinners ofcourse wont always be set, but these will also include a small serving of meat for protein and an array of vegetables
  4. Dessert will be a couple rows of cadbury chocolate because no matter how hard I try this is a habit I simply can not kick.
So this is it, between today and the wedding I am no longer going to eat McDonalds and KFC. I am going to limit myself to a block of chocolate per week (I can eat a block in about 40 minutes). I am going to take up every opportunity to exercise and I am also going to take every opportunity to relax.

So here we go....I'll let you know how day one goes tomorrow...fingers crossed for a win today in netty xx

No comments:

Post a Comment