Countdown

Sunday 27 May 2012

300 Days to go and its music to my ears

Today is May 27th and that means there is 300 days until the wedding!!! Its coming up unbelievably quickly. Firstly today I would like to apolygise about my post today as I just came off a night shift I have only had about 2.5 hours sleep. Often I bring song lyrics into my posts and thats because I love that music can explain a feeling, a thought, and a memory, so many sonys are so special to me for a number of reasons and thats why I believe music and entertainment are important to a wedding.

These days music and entertainment play an important role, and every couple needs to consider music for both the reception and the ceremony. Firstly consider the style of your wedding, if you are having a church wedding then I would suggest the possibility of an organ or string quartet. Whatever your tastes I think its a detail that needs to be carefully planned. Also it is good to not that your guests will cover a range of age groups and tastes! Also remember you dont want the music so loud that your guests can't have a conversation.

The Ceremony! We are opting for a more fun and laid back ceremony, our song choices will be reletively modern for the arrival of the guests, as for when the bridesmaids and myself walk down the aisle, I won't be dancing down the aisles but I will be pretty close to it I think. Check out the awesome couple who danced down the aisle to Chris Browns Forever. What do you think?

As for the reception there will be a large array of music on my playlist ranging from the 60's through to now, all fun songs, most with an awesome dance beat and most importantly not to sappy, because quite simply Darren and I arent a lovey dovey sappy couple.

Want some money saving options? Ofcourse you do!
  • Consider a musician who can play both the ceremony and the reception, one act will be cheaper than two,
  • Hire a great DJ instead of a live band, DJ's can play anything and don't need to take breaks, also paying for one person is cheaper than a 5 piece band
  • Ask you reception venue for any reccommendations
  • Plug your programmed ipod into the PA system
  • Any musical friends or relatives? There are lot of people out there who can sing
  • Hire a jukebox! These are fantastic
  • You could also ask tge DJ to double up at the MC

No comments:

Post a Comment