Countdown

Thursday 24 May 2012

The Photobooth

Ahh the photobooth is an addition to the reception which I would absolutely LOVE to have but budget constraints unfortunately won't alllow it. Most companies provide props for the full effect, they also are usually fantstic quality images and mostly are personalised to the event. The only problem with them is the $$$. However don't get me wrong I don't think the price is unrealistic. Most companies drop and pick up the booth as well as leave an attendant to help incase things go wrong with the machine.

How does it work? Your friends and family, and hey even the bride and groom can get in there and give it a go, usually 6 photos are taken and printed out in 15-30 seconds for the users to take and share around. Most machines are also equipped to save all photos taken so that the bride and groom can et a copy on disk after the event! Not too bad really if you love pictures of everyone?

As I mentioned these are pretty expensive, think $1500-$2500 depending on your location. Want my money saving idea? I am going to set up a Photo Corner! I am going to leave my digital camera there, as I trust everyone at the event I don't think there will be any issues with it getting broken or stolen. I am also going to provide some props, I am thinking a blackboard, prehaps a photo frame, some funny glasses and whatever else I might be able to find at the $2 shop. It may not be as cool as the photo booth but I still think it is going to be a good way of doing it! I'm probably looking to spend $50 on props and then $50 again on printing the digital photos that I like, and $100 is looking a lot better to me than $2500 that it would cost to deliver to my country town.


No comments:

Post a Comment