Countdown

Sunday 20 May 2012

Formal is OUT and Fun is IN

Today in the Sunday Herald Sun there was an article about how the formal traditional weddings are a thing of the past. Couples these days are moving towards more fun and personal weddings. This is something I have always being passionate about. I want a wedding that is reflective of my and Darrens personality, we are also pretty young to be getting married so I am looking at more of a party atmosphere.

Leading the new top trends lists were the below:

Lolly Buffets- See my previous post on candy bars if you'd like some info on this one!

Photo Booths- These are a great idea, something I would love to do, and will be blogging on later in this week.

Bling Bouquets- This is where brides add diamantes and mementos to there more traditional floral bouquet.

The Rings- White gold rings are more on the rise with the princess cut and pear cut gems leading the way! Also watch out on my next post regarding my engagement ring and matching wedding ring, which i have just purchased!!!

The Cake- Many couples are opting for the cup cake cakes, this is another trend that I am following, again look at my "cake dream" post to see the style cake that I am looking for.

Dinner- The sit down dinner is making way for a cocktail style reception with finger food! Again I have just chosen the recpetion meals and will have a post on this shortly!

and the big $$$ issue- The brides parents no longer foot the majority of the bill, with the couples opting to pay for the wedding themselves, meaning they get to make all the decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment