Countdown

Saturday 19 May 2012

Winners Are Grinners

Well it's pretty safe to say that the last 24 hours have been good for me! I have landed a job, casual again of course but with the plan that it will go full time within the month, but i'll have more on that on Monday hopefully when I know more about the opportunity, I also very much enjoyed seeing my beloved boys in the black and white knock of Geelong in the Grand Final rematch, not as good as if we would have one back in October, but it goes a little way to relieving the pain, and also the most exciting part, WINNING our first game of netball, was a fantastic effort and a credit to the hard work the girls and in particular our coach had been putting in the last few months!

I guess what I am going to take from the last couple of days is that as lame as it sounds, Katy Perrys firework sums this up better than I ever will, "Maybe the reason all the doors are closed, is because you are waiting for the one that leads you down the perfect road" and I am a believer of everything happens for a reason. I have landed a job, well not just a job, a career, a future, at a company about 1km down the road from me, which considering this time last year I was travelling 115kms for work, I am pretty dam stoked about it.

Winning is really the best feeling, whether its a sporting game, a job, even a competition, anything that can give yourself that extra bit of confidence and pride is a good thing, because I think it then rolls over to other aspects of your life. I played by far my best ever game of netball today, to be fair it was my 7th ever proper game, but I've had a few mixed netball games in my belt too, and the reason is because I think I finally believed that I could do it, and the happiness of getting the job I think went a long way to helping that confidence. Life is always going to throw everything its got at you, and I think remembering the wins along the way helps with the things that may not have gone with how you would have liked.

Anyways I should do a bit of a flip back to the wedding now, considering that is what I am meant to be talking about afterall. I have booked our make up artist for the big day and also for the trial before the wedding. Her name is Lizi and can be found at Respect for Beauty in Koo Wee Rup and I can't wait to see what she can do, her portfolio is simply amazing. As you are all aware I am option for a cocktail party themed wedding, we are young and we want to have fun, so that's how I plan to have the wedding decided. I have provided some make-up examples below for the look that we will be going for! Hope you all like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment