Countdown

Sunday 20 May 2012

The Candy Bar

So quite a while ago I got a quote on hiring a candy bar for the wedding, I have been a fan of the candy bar since seeing the idea in a bridal magazine a while ago. They are stylish, they go with the colour scheme, the jars are simply stunning and who can say no to lollies? Well not me anyways. However the quote for the candy bar was $3000! Yes $3000 to hire some jars, have someone set them up and fill them with lollies, slightly over-priced in my opinion.


However in saying that, money isn't always an issue for all, so I will reccomend the company as there customer service was exceptional, and they provided me with a lot of information when I asked for it, and also weren't pushy when I had to decline for financial reasons. http://www.candybuffet.com.au/ They have some amazing displays, which I am going to try and replicate on my own.

Step 1 I headed off to do some shopping for some jars, stop one was Kmart, I got 5 jars for $2 each! Thats $10 and I almost have as many jars in the above pictures. Then next stop was the local op shops where I found another 5 jars for $8. So thats the jars done for less than $20, great for the budget concious.

Step 2, wash them all in mums dishwasher haha! To give them an extra shine, and to add a bit of pizazz I will be tying some ribbon around each jar. Additionally with an engagement voucher I was able to find a stunning frame which I will be using as the Candy Bar sign! 15m of ribbon off eBay was $5 free postage from China, so far we are totally at $23, already better than the $3k quoted I must say.

Step 3, I will be using the provided table cloths at the reception venue to save some money, and also I have asked the venue to ensure that the candy is topped up as required.

Lastly I will be off to by the lollies, which I won't do until 3-4 weeks before the wedding. I plan on spending $100 on bulk lollies, I have already started researching online wholesalers and getting quotes from local companies. But for arguments sake, lets say I spend $200 on lollies, that brings us to a total of $223 a lot less than the quoted amount! I have added a picture below of the style I am going for, but think yellows and ivories for the lolly colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment