Countdown

Friday 1 February 2013

Stripped

Ironic title for a blog I guess, but it pretty much sums up how I've felt since I've last posted.

Lets see, where does it start? Lets start with work. I really enjoy my job, but sometimes it gets a little overbearing. Since before christmas I had pretty much been doing 3 jobs as others were on holidays. Which means I have pretty much been exhausted from working 10-12 hour days. However the healthy diet was helping that, thats for sure.

Then there is the eBay problems. I sold a few things on eBay because I needed some money for my queensland holiday. But ofcourse, the item didnt arrive, the post cant do anything about it, so I am out of pocket the cost of the item, and the item, and then a day later, I got another message saying an item had been broken in the post. FRUSTRATING!!!.

Then comes along the holiday from hell! Well the first day was good haha! We headed off to Surfers Paradise for what we expected to be a warm beachy holiday, but that wasnt the case. Day one was a lot of fun with a visit to Q1 towers, a nice lunch on Cavill Ave, A look at the shopping strip, a trip around on a tour bus/boat, was a fun day!!! Day two, the rain and wind begun. Off we went to Dreamworld and White Water World Anyways, hardly any rides, cafes, attractions were open, we had to wear ponchos because it was freezing!!! Still managed to have some fun at the big brother house and watching the Tigers, they are the most amazing animals. Can do things that you could never imagine! We decided to head back after a couple hours because it was simply too cold, we went home, got changed and headed down the street to do our old time photos, and hard rock cafe for tea, my favourite place ever! I had the Aussie burger, seemed fitting since it was Australia Day! Then it was Day 3 and this is when shit got bad, we had already booked a night club tour for the night, but was unsure if it would go ahead. We decided to stay in for safety. We headed out to the clubs which was fun until we had to try and get home.

I have never been so scared, the wind, the rain was lashing, and I am simply not good with storms. I was happy to arrive back at the hotel and get ready for our early flight. But of course with my horrible luck, or ours, the airport was closed and the flight cancelled. With no real garuantee with being able to fly out for at least 3 days, we decided to hire a car and start the mammoth trek to Sydney. My friend had to drive the whole 12 hour trip as she was the one who had hired the car, it was so wet, windy and horrible, but she took the challenge. We ended up getting to Sydney airport at 10:15pm for our 10:10pm flight. Virgin were fantastic, because the flight had been delayed, they let us check in for our flight and told us to run to the boarding gate.

Yep you know it, we are sitting there waiting, the flight before us, also to Melbourne waiting too, when we get told their flight is going but ours cancelled because its passed there kurfew, this is something I dont particularly understand at an international airport? But I am guessing they reduce the number of flights over night? Im not sure... Virgin again were great, set us up with transfer to a lovely hotel, a 50$ voucher each for mini bar and room service, and a flight first thing in the morning. By the time the morning rolled around we were all so ready to be at home, We had to sit seperately but I dont think any of us cared, all we wanted was to get on that plane and have it take off, and thank god it did.

Anyways so we landed back in Melbourne, a day later than planned, collected our luggage and headed over to the bus shuttle for the car park. Yep you guessed it! More bad luck, I went to the pay station to pay, and the machine ate my ticket, a call to customer service meant I had to pay at the exit. frustrating!

So its fair to say it wasnt the best trip going around, thanks to some horrible weather and apparently poor timing, note to self, January isnt a good time to go to queensland!

The bucks night was also held over the weekend. I believe it was pretty successful, 7 holes of golf, a pub tour and back to the cricket rooms for whatever  boys do... however I found myself again extremely upset to find out the best man organised a stripper, he did this, even though my fiance asked him not too. What the best man wouldnt have known is how upset strippers make me, I try to be a confident person, and be happy with myself, but frankly I am never going to be the definition of sexy, or whatever. I dont have blonde hair, I dont have big boobs, I'm not toned all over, and im sure I am never going to be. So when you hear that your fiances best mate gets him a stripper, in my mind all I think is "well he obviosuly thinks im not good enough, and that my fiance needs something better than me" and you know what, maybe thats not the case, but it is how i feel. But I am starting to learn that in this world most people don't ever really care how you feel or how there actions can affect others.

So here I am, on my lunch break trying to get everything off my chest, in the hope that maybe I can get some sleep tonight. But I feel like I am at a cross roads in my life. This past week has been tough, its been a challenge, but I am still here on the other side. So its time to make some changes. I am just not sure what they are yet!

Anyways back to the wedding....We have about 25 of 90 RSVPs back now, we have met with the celebrant and organised the general flow of the ceremony, still gotta do flowers, music, cake, hair trials over the next couple of weeks. Also gotta organise for the dresses to be altered where needed.

so thats it, thats me, stripped.

No comments:

Post a Comment