Countdown

Tuesday 10 January 2012

The bridal expo

So I haven't gone into much detail as yet about the docklands bridal expo. Last Sunday a carful of us headed down to etihad, pretty excited for what is to come, unsure of what to expect, especially because we had heard so many alternate opinions, "you will hate it, you will never go again" to "it's the best experience, you'll get so much out of it". So it's fair to say I was going in with my ears and eyes open and you know what, it was a great experience.

We didn't find the businesses to be pushy, mostly they would just ask what we were looking for and to give us some information on there respective services, I got to enter a number of competitions (unfortunately none of which I won), I got a lot of samples and a whole lot of ideas, mostly of what I don't want on my day, but a few that if the budget allows I may also consider.

Overall I got to meet some musicians, taste some cake, see a lot of wedding photos, briefly met some celebrants and djs, so i would definitely recommend heading that way if you are stumped for ideas, need some advice or want to find the perfect people for your day! My favourite part was actually seeing all the wedding cars, old and new, from jags to stretched hummers.

In fact we had so much fun, we are planning on heading there again on the 22nd to the bridal expo at the convention centre, this one proves to be bigger and better again, it also includes honeymoon destinations, and an opportunity to win a $50k wedding package (yes please)!!

Once the bridal expo season is over, I think it'll be back to the dress shopping for both myself as a bride and a bridesmaid and for my own bridesmaids, I'll tell ya what! Life is gonna be busy this year and I can't wait to enjoy every second of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment