Countdown

Tuesday 24 January 2012

Changes

One of the biggest capabilities that sets them aside from other animals is their ability to handle change; however change can often be something that people find to hard to handle. It may be the fear of the unknown, fear of failure or simply being too comfortable. Some people can be happy without changing, not needing to challenge themself career wise, socially, physically or mentally.

I must say sometimes change and challenges are scary, but I also love the thrill, I loved that I completed a double degree at uni in very different fields and I love that I've had a lot of different jobs because I've learnt so much from all of them and have some great lifelong friendships too. Over the past 2 years I have worked in both the media and in science and I am very happy to say I am going back to science! Working in quality control, working closer to home and working with an amazing crew of people! I can't wait to be back there in 2 weeks, but will be sad to say farewell to ninemsn along the way. But I've achieved my goal to work in the city for a year, make a name for myself where no one knew me and I'm very happy I can say that I did it.

So career change number 2 as a 22 year old is a big move but its the right move. Anyways back to the wedding and changes...the dj we were going to ask to do out music has packed up shop so we are on the look out for someone new (and in the budget)! I know why people are afraid of change because my first questions will be reliability? Professionalism? Good entertainer? But instead of looking at the negatives I need to change my mindset and look at the possibilities, I could get someone great! An up and comer? Someone who may write their own music? The possibilities are endless and I'm excited to start the search.

With weddings things can go wrong, but it doesn't matter if we have an iPod on a dock
In the end because it won't be the end of the world and I think that's something a lot of brides lose sight of along the way and I refuse to be one
Of them

No comments:

Post a Comment