Countdown

Friday 20 January 2012

Eloping?

Yesterday on my way home from work I bumped into a friend. She was married a year or so ago and eloped when her and her hubby were away on holidays, I find eloping really beautiful actually, it shows that it's not about the dress, or the venue, it's simply about how much they love each other which I think is great.One thing she did mention to why they decided to elope was because of not wanting to upset friends by not including them as a bridesmaid. On this, I definitely see where she was coming from.

It is extremely difficult to choose between friends, sisters and relatives, and it almost puts a negative on the day. I have been lucky with my friends, all seemed understanding of my choices and for this I knew it didn't matter who I had chosen cos every one of them will be there on the lead up and my big day and that couldn't make me happier.

As for eloping I tell ya I have been tempted to just fly to Vegas, find an Elvis impersonator and get the job done, but I dunno, I think I want "not a big wedding" but my closest loved ones there to share the moment with us. hopefully those we invite in turn want to be there for us.

I guess in a way, if u elope you may miss out on some things, like the professional photography, but in the end maybe You're better off? They haven't had to offend anyone by not having them on the guest list or in the bridal party, I'm sure they also saved thousands of dollars not having to buy centre pieces, tuxes, dresses, hair, make up, food and drinks. And they got married, they are happy and thats all that matters.

So what would you do? Do you want the big white wedding? Or are you more for just you, your fiancée and a celebrant?

No comments:

Post a Comment