Countdown

Sunday 13 November 2011

27 Dresses?

Choosing bridesmaids has been a dilemma I have been facing since the moment I got engaged. The typical questions that follow the announcement seem to consist of how did he do it? Have you set a date? and who will be a bridesmaid, I bet it will be so and so, and so and so!

Well I currently feel like I am going to end up like Katherine Heigl's character in 27 Dresses with her 27 friends as bridesmaids, plus her bestie and her sister. Now I don't have a sister but I do have a lot of very close friends. Now having lots of friends isn't a bad thing, but when it comes to choosing bridesmaids it does make things very difficult.



4 is the number that has been decided upon by Darren and myself, yet I have a list of six super awesome girl friends, plus about 4 others that could be just as deserving as a spot up there with me, therefore I am having severe splitting issues. So who do you choose? The ones you have known the longest? The family members? The ones you are closest with now? Its a tough call because honestly I could have every single one of them up there and not have any issues with who I have chosen... yet as I mentioned before six is simply too many to be practical..

So I'm drawn to giving every person a task, possibly 4 bridesmaids, 1 as an MC of the wedding and another as head of hens day and wedding day operations, now this is definitely my current thought process, but this may change, because hey there is still a lot of time between now and the wedding day, and who knows in 6 months, there may even be another person I may call my BFF. The girls I choose for these two positions definitely won't be because I think any less of them, its more because I think they would do a wonderful job of making the best day of my life even better.

But anyways I do like to pose the question, would you be offended if you weren't included as a bridesmaid but offered another role? I never thought having a lot of friends would have a down-side and hate the thought of hurting anyones feelings.

What would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment