Countdown

Thursday 10 November 2011

500 days to go

Yesterday was 500 days until my wedding day or should I say ours?! Fair to say the panic has started to set in. How many people? What colour theme? What dress will I wear? How much can we spend? There may have also been some inappropriate adverbs used in these sentences at the time, but we will leave those well alone. But after the mini wedding panic attack, I got to thinking of all the things I had accomplished in the 500 days before yesterday...

Sunday 27th of June 2010. Wow, now when I think I everything that I have done since then...lets take a look back, on this June day I would have been a 21 year old University student, studying Arts and Science, working 35 hours a week in a hardware store and going to University full time, I got to see my favourite AFL team win the Grand Final, I was renting a place with my boy and his best mate, playing basketball, korfball, netball and heading to the gym a couple times a week...somewhat of an achievement in itself. Since that (im guessing horribly cold) June day just 500 days ago, I have graduated university, yes just call me Stacey BSc.BA hahah makes me laugh every time, I accomplished night shifts as a lab technician, I landed myself the dream full time job....well so I thought, but hey thats a story for another time, I turned 22, errr is getting older an achievement? Made numerous more friends and developed other friendships, bought a house and have begun renovating and well obviously I got engaged.

Now I find myself in the position of thinking wow clearly the last 500 days were pretty hectic and Im thinking they were also pretty good days, so...lets bring on the wedding planning!!! I do consider myself quite the planner and organizer, possibly borderline OCD at times, but who isnt when it comes to the most important life events? Lets just hope for my fiance's sake there is no inner Bridezilla awaiting to stomp its way out of my somewhat reserved personality.

It was August 14th 2011, the day of the proposal, and now almost 3 months on, I have hardly planned a detail of this 23rd of March 2013 wedding. Yes we picked a date and tentatively reserved the venues, but it all seems very surreal. I wonder who knew back on March 1st 2004, our first day officially a couple, 15 and 16 year old, Stacey and Darren would make it to this point of planning a wedding 7 and a half years later....

No comments:

Post a Comment