Countdown

Saturday 12 November 2011

The Wedding Venue

I think I was about 10 years old the last time I was in a church, in summary I ended up fainting from the contistant "please stand", "please be seated". For obvious reasons I won't be getting married in a Church. Leaving the options of a reception centre, a garden, or the beach.

As a child I never dreamed of my wedding day, is that strange? Everyone always says that's what every little girl dreams about? Well not me, I was too busy playing outsite with the neighbours, playing british bulldogs (yes running as hard as you possibly could to get through a wall full of people ready to tackle you), marker's up (Im a footy girl always have been, always will) and climbing trees. I was never really a girly girl until I hit high school, and even then, I was never thinking about "the big day", my friends and I spoke more about who the cutest boys were and who we had crushes on.

When I first saw Darren I was in Year 9 and dating another boy from my year...that relationship lasted about 2 weeks, before he dumped me from a few bucks from his mate...wow that was a good day when I look back. Anyways Daz was in my Year 9/10 Phys Ed class, and I spent the next few weeks discussing this cute new boy with my friends, but this story has a lot more telling to come..

Anways lets focus on the point. The Wedding Venue, is booked!! Unfortunately I won't be standing in the centre of the MCG as I was secretly hoping I would win the lottery to do. Never the less the 23rd March 2013, A lovely Garden, a little bit out of town. Picture Perfect to me, and exactly what we were after, and too be honest we didn't even look anywhere else because once we saw this we knew it was "the one"!
The picturesque fountains, walkways, beautiful flowers and gum trees were going to be perfect for the cermony and for the photo's afterwards, so we paid the deposit, and both sighed with relief that one detail of the many to come had been decided upon for the most memorable day of our lives.  
 Well, we have booked the day! Still contemplating a time!! Is 3pm too early? Is 5pm too late? I have no idea! The problem with Darren and I planning a wedding is that he has never been to one, and I have only been to 2! One of which was a ceremony only, One was at 2pm, the other at 4pm...Happy for suggestions from whoever is willing to suggest. I am thinking a 3pm ceremony, followed by a ceremony at 5pm. Yet I'm left thinking while we have photos, where will everyone else be going? Maybe 4pm would be better?

As you can tell, every detail has to be carefully considered, but I do feel better knowing we have a date and somewhere to get the business done, if all else fails I'm sure we can all just head to the pub afterwards for a bar meal and dance the night away at the local sports bar. But let's hope it doesn't come to that...


1 comment:

  1. That looks beautiful!!! I would LOVE to get married there. :)

    ReplyDelete