Countdown

Thursday 17 November 2011

Favours!

Haha no I'm not talking about people doing favours for me, or me for them, although I'm not adverse to it. I am talking about Bombonieres, the lovely present you give to your wedding guests for attending the wedding. Now that I have decided on the colour scheme, ivory and chocolate, I can now make a move on planning other parts of the day!

Now I love giving people presents, which is probably why this is the first part of the day I want to plan, as mentioned yesterday I needed some ideas on what to do, One of my lovely BFF's sent me text after text after reading this yesterday which has helped so much, the simply answer eBay.

So this morning when I got on the train at 6:15am...blah... I thought let's give eBay a shot, so I started looking up ideas for wedding decorations in ivory and chocolate and I found so many great ideas, so in my price range, others not, personalized chocolate, now ladies, I would LOVE to do that one, but $700 for 100 is just out of my price range unfortnately haha. So I kept looking and found cute little boxes in ivory with chocolate ribbons, 100 for $45 with free postage, so things are looking a little more in my price range now...

So I have the container decided upon, and then I found myself wondering what to put in the box? Now anyone that knows me well knows I have a love of chocolate! No wonder I'm having a chocolate wedding theme...especially with the cravings from my engagement dress diet!! Anyways I was thinking, I could put little treats in the box, now I know chocolate coated almonds are supposed to promote health and happiness, but I think I might throw in some DIY.

My dad has always worked in the plastics industry and as a kid, I loved nothing more than meting chocolate, tipping it into the moulds he brought home and eating it after a few hours of refridgeration. Even back in Year 9, me and another BFF decided our Science Project would be, "which brand of chocolate melts the fastest" simply so we could eat the chocolate afterwards. So I think I want to restore some of that childhood fun and incorporate it into my favours!



Get some chocolate chips, melt them down and all done!! Personal, DIY, perfect!! Hope the guests like them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment