Countdown

Wednesday 16 November 2011

Budgeting...

The title I'm sure says enough for this one, setting the wedding budget is difficult! Darren and I were hoping to have the whole event completed with 10K but I think this is a fairly unrealistic number, especially when you have to wine and dine 100 guests!



So we have booked our venues as you know, so the catering we have found to be the killer. Having to allow anything from $65-100 per head, and when you multiply that by 100 guests, plus Daz and myself, then woah we are sitting anywhere between $6700, and $10,000....WOAH! So a 10k budget is looking a bit of an under-estimate.

It's all the little things you forget before you begin the actual planning of a wedding, since getting engaged I have realised, we need flowers, favours, decorations, transport, and believe me these things really are priced ridiculously!

So my plan is a wedding on a budget!!! The venue and reception centre have been relatively well priced so these are fine! Next step is the dress, I probably won't go all op shop on this item, but I am limiting myself to 1k to spend on a dress and shoes. Considering Im only gonna wear it once! Centrepieces are included in the venue and floating candles should go well with the colour scheme.

Lastly for decorations, invitations and favours, Im going to do some DIY, I'm not the most crafty person around, but Im sure I can come up with something that makes the day even more special! So anyone out there with some invitation ideas, a good eye for detail and style, please feel free to offer up your suggestions any time over the next few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment