Countdown

Wednesday 23 November 2011

Affirmation

Well wedding dress shopping is now one day closer!!! I am supeer dooper excited if you can't tell!! Everyone best be crossing their fingers still for these gorgeous dresses to be in my price range..

Well I have my Planet Surf second interview tomorrow and still a bit unsure of what to do! I spoke to the 99% chance new employer today and the hours are pretty good! 9:30-5:30, so I do have to work later, but I also would get to get up later!! and thats a massive plus....or maybe have time for a morning jog! Certainly would help for the wedding bod!

Anyways enough about my diet and exercise, I am having massive food cravings, after walking past a girl at Flinders st with hot chips and tomato sauce Im sure you all know the smell I am referring too! Its not like its all bad, I am 2kg down this week. You know the line "I believe that junk food tastes so good because it's bad for you!" I am 100% sure that is true!!! Dam my love of KFC and chocolate is a killer when your trying to be healthy!

Now back to the work dilemma, are you sick of me talking about this yet? I am off to my trial tomorrow for Planet Surf and thinking I will offer weekend casual, it will be a great option for when my contract ends, and a really good experience to see if I like the role and if I am a good fit for the role from their perspective too! and it will be 4 months of extreme work, but some extra cash to pay for the wedding and trip to Alice and Perth, and netball subs would definitely be helpful...

Or maybe even if the dress come in a little over budget? hahah more cash is never a bad thing, as long as I am happy!!! Happiness is definitely under-rated these days, I personally think it doesnt matter if you get paid $300 a week, or $3000 as long as you are happy! Yet the emphasis put on people to have a super shiny named career these days really makes me mad, if you want to be a doctor, lawyer, CEO I say go for it, but people should't do what doesn't make them happy, no matter how much you get paid. I guess this is something I have always battled with, because I did well at school, people always expected big things from me, but part of me wishes I left at 16 and went and did hair and beauty! Sometimes I wonder if it would have made me happier than what the media world does?

I guess thats what is good about the contract role, it gives me 4 months to sort out what I want to do for that "elusive career", and save some money , get a good reference from one of the biggest companies in Australia and that is definitely motivation in itself!

I'm not religious, so when I need faith in the world or a pick me up, I turn to music, I think I have a song that I could use to describe all aspects of my life, but if I was to have one as my bible is would be Savage Gardens' Affirmation, and this is the song I try to live by.

I believe family is worth more than money or gold!

I believe we place our happiness in other peoples hands!

I believe in Karma what you give is what you get returned!

There are so many more amazing lines in this song! All of which I love!! So I have put the lyrics below if you would like to read :)

I believe the sun should never set upon an argument
I believe we place our happiness in other people's hands
I believe that junk food tastes so good because it's bad for you
I believe your parents did the best job they knew how to do
I believe that beauty magazines promote low self esteem
I believe I'm loved when I'm completely by myself alone

I believe in Karma what you give is what you get returned
I believe you can't appreciate real love until you've been burned
I believe the grass is no more greener on the other side
I believe you don't know what you've got until you say goodbye

I believe you can't control or choose your sexuality
I believe that trust is more important than monogamy
I believe your most attractive features are your heart and soul
I believe that family is worth more than money or gold

I believe the struggle for financial freedom is unfair
I believe the only ones who disagree are millionaires

I believe in Karma what you give is what you get returned
I believe you can't appreciate real love until you've been burned
I believe the grass is no more greener on the other side
I believe you don't know what you've got until you say goodbye

I believe forgiveness is the key to your unhappiness
I believe that wedded bliss negates the need to be undressed
I believe that God does not endorse TV evangelists
I believe in love surviving death into eternity

I believe in Karma what you give is what you get returned
I believe you can't appreciate real love until you've been burned
I believe the grass is no more greener on the other side
I believe you don't know what you've got until you say goodbye

1 comment: