Countdown

Monday 14 November 2011

The Bridesmaid

One of things I am most happy about is to be sharing my wedding planning with quite a few of my best friends, who are also planning their wedding. There are so many different stages of life, some of these friends I have known for ever, have shared first days of school, grand finals, graduations, but to see these girls be the happiest they have ever been is definitely a wonderful thing, because I, like im sure many others can't be happy unless the people I love the most are happy too.

I must admit, in my previous post where I mentioned I never dreamed of my wedding, but one thing I always really wanted to be was a bridesmaid for one of my close friends. Knowing that I have had an impact on someone so much so that they want me up there for one of the most important moments of their life is definitely a very gratifying feeling.

My friend today set her date, and I am very happy to say that December 1st 2012 will be my very first appearance as a bridesmaid, and Darren's first as a groomsman, and in fact his first wedding!!! The best part is definitely that we are going to become a part of our friends history, their life long photos and stories from that day, and I absolutely can't wait...

Another friend, just this time this week chose her gorgeous wedding dress, for her the wedding is more of a family affair, choosing her dress with her grandmother at her side, and honestly could you think of a more precious moment, neither my friend or her gran will ever forget that moment...

Having friends to share this wonderful time with is by far the best aspect of my wedding planning.... I can't wait to go dress shopping with these girls, choosing colour schemes and having them their when I'm sure one or two details go pear shaped at the last minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment