Countdown

Tuesday 6 December 2011

2011

What a pretty Tuesday morning, blue skies and the sun is shining, pity it's still cold as anything, hopefully it's a bit warmer by the weekend, because a jacket really doesn't go with my dress! Yesterday my cute little bomboniere boxes arrived from trusty china, the fun job of gluing them together awaits, but that's a task for a much closer day.

So it's less than 3 weeks to Christmas, this year has flown by, I actually can't believe it, it's been a strange year with lots of ups and downs, I'm hoping 2012 has a few more ups! This year started ok, still working as a lab tech and in retail, a small beach holiday with Darren, one hell of a drive to Alice Springs filled up my January, February was a bit quieter, still working, searching for a new job to get me a house loan, lots of sport and my birthday, march is where things changed, started the new job and my life disappeared, working 12-18 hour days, giving up korfball, netball, basketball, the gym and even food and sleep to try and stay on top of the work,

No wonder really that by the time April rolled around, so did pneumonia from the stress and exhaustion, 10kg lighter, and worse for wear, I returned to somehow push through may and June, July is where things started to turn around, we choose our house and purchased. Saved like crazy for August except for the enagement ring ofcourse and finally moved in on the 14th of September.

The 14th of September was such and elusive date, I never thought it was going to come, but it did, followed by a lot of painting and moving, October rolled around and it was back to work, a few tears over a lost grand final and a realization that no job is worth being unhappy about...

So then came November, the 1st being Melbourne cup day and a big decision made to resign and take the risk on the job hunt, and after possibly the longest month ever it was finally the end of November and the end of my time at that role. With the sadness of leaving my friends but a relief that maybe I will regain my confidence and fight.

So it's now december, and my second day at the new job, I do still have mixed emotions, but hey I'm two days in, you never know what a job is going to be like at this stage, right? I am glad the Christmas shopping is done, the engagement party is planned and I'm hoping for a quiet new years eve to sign off 2011 and ring in 2012.

It has been a year of peaks and trophs and one I wouldn't have got through without some wonderful friends by my side. Whether it was the friends beside my on the train to and from work, the ones who texted and facebooked me during the day to make sure I was sticking up for myself, the ones who talked me through all my options and the ones who sat beside me all day at my desk and supported me through every minute of every day! From this I do just want to tell everyone out there, no job is ever worth making yourself sick, affecting your health physically, socially, and mentally is not worth any amount of money, life is short, enjoy it with the people who mean the most to you


No comments:

Post a Comment