Countdown

Tuesday 13 December 2011

Winner!!

Have you ever won anything? Yesterday must have been my lucky day, I was already off to an early screening of a movie with tickets I had won, and I got a phone call saying I had won a $700 package to stay at crown with VIP entry to their NYE party! Seriously I never win anything!!! I am so excited!!!

With the money spent on the party, doing up the house, we would never ever be able to afford a night stay over anywhere, let alone crown! And last time I did scrape together the cash to do it, I was unwell with pneumonia and it simply wasn't as enjoyable as it could or should have been! So I am certainly going to make the most of this one!

I guess it is a slight luxury of sitting on a train for 3 hours a day, I have time to write my blog, I have time to Facebook and I have time to enter every competition I come across! But this isn't the only reason I consider myself a winner!

Saturday night just showed me how lucky I was! The friends and family that both Darren and I have are amazing! We had a friend fly across from Perth, many people trekked down from the city and other weird and wonderful places; places where the excuse of its too hard or too far could have definitely come into play, yet these people didn't let it stop them, they were there on one of the most important days of my and Darren's life and I hope it was worth the drive!

My entire life at the moment feels like I have won a competition, I can actually say I am happy, my job is relatively stress free at the moment, and seems to be a great group of people, the work loads are managed carefully and the culture seems a good one! Additionally to this I get to start my social job this weekend! Sell some clothes, have a chat and make some friends, while getting paid for it, well I ain't complaining :)

The engagement party was an absolute delight! Presents we received will go such a long way with helping us finish off the house and help with the wedding! One out standing friend has given me the most amazing present! Hair styling for the entire bridal party! How amazing is that!! Which may mean I can afford the dream dress, but let's not get to ahead of ourselves just yet! From the night I also think its pretty clear who the maid of honor will be, and I am also pretty sure I know who I want in my bridal party, should they choose to accept it!

I am taking this week off planning and trying to relax, not sure how the first netball training will go though, my fitness is not where it ought to be, so tonight could be interesting...
Let's hope I can smash something out anyways! Then next week I want to to jump straight into the wedding planning, organize a meeting with the celebrants, revise the guest list and finalize colour schemes!

No comments:

Post a Comment