Countdown

Saturday 31 December 2011

New Years Eve

Sooo unfortunately I did not pull up quite as well as I had hoped for today, so I am now stuck at home sick, seriously I would rather be at work :( 2011 you certainly have thrown a lot at me, but I am very happy to say I have come out of it, a lot stronger, a lot more confident, and with a smile on my face to achieve more in 2012.

I went a couple days ago to see the new movie "New Years Eve" and yea it was your typical chick flick devoid of any truthfulness, well so you would think. But one thing stuck with me. "What would you do today if you knew you couldnt fail?" I find these pretty strong words. Why are we so afraid of failing anyways? We shouldn't be afraid to reach for the stars and chase our dreams. But for some reason we feel like failure is a sign of weakness, but instead I think it should show how courageous people are for trying something, don't you?

This year as you know from my previous posts I quit my job, and at the time I thought it was because I was weak, because I had failed. I felt like I couldn't hack the pace, the stress and the work load. Yet when I look back, it took a lot of strength and courage to walk away from it. To put my hand up and say no, this is not what a work environment is meant to be like, this is not how I should be allowed to be treated. And now I know going into 2012 I will have a new job, that I know I am going to love and cant wait to be able to announce it to you all.

So if you could do anything today and not fail what would you do? I think this is a question I need to ask myself everyday. Thats why I have decided that in 2012 I am also going to further my studies on a part time basis, I am going to plan my dream wedding, and help one of my best friends plan hers, I am going to enjoy life again! Because never again will I be afraid of failure, because to me there is no such thing.

Anyways i should get back to the wedding. With all main factors now decided upon and booked, the wedding can most definitely go ahead. We have a lovely garden wedding venue, a stunning reception venue, we have a celibrant who we both know and trust. Therefore whether we have guests or not, we can get married!!!

As well as this, bomboniere gifts are sorted, I have sourced the attendant gifts, and once these arrive it will be time to ask my bridesmaids if they would like the honor... We have set up our guest list which currently stands at 94, 96 including us. Which is perfect!!

Today I am also going to email my travel agent today and see if she can put a bit of a cost package together for our honeymoon so we have something to work towards moneywise, and also to get our registry sorted, because we are already set up beautifully from our engagement party, we have decided to ask our guests to help us pay for our honeymoon, and hopefully people will be happy with that!

So with todays post I wish you all a happy new year and do me the biggest favour of all and don't be afraid to succeed in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment