Countdown

Thursday 22 December 2011

The wedding cake

Why is anything to do with weddings so expensive and why do suppliers feel they have the right to be rude? I sent emails to about 10 invitationalists (did I just make up the word?) and most of them were snobby and didn't want to work with my budget! So frutrating!! Not everyone can afford a $30k wedding and honestly I know it's an important day and all but would u wanna spend that much on one day??

Anyways the one supplier that has come back to me, is happy to work out something for our budget, simply she wants our day to be as special as hers was and that's someone who I would want to pay my money too! So if your looking for someone willing to help you no matter the budget google (or as a ninemsn employee maybe you should bing lol) j&s invitations! I can't wait to receive my mocks!

Today I wanted to talk about the cake! What type of cake to have, how big, all that fun stuff!! What amazes me is the cost of cakes! And again why is it necessary? Darren and I are thinking of having a gigantic chocolate ripple cake! It's something we can make ourselves, which I think is more important than the amount we spend, we can make it two or three tiers no problem, it'll probably cost about $20 in biscuits and $40 in cream, but certainly seems the best option to me! And most of all it's white! And I love chocolate ripple cake! I got this idea from making one last night for christmas lunch.

Wedding cakes can cost anywhere from $300 to $1000 and who cares what it looks like as long as it tastes good, right? It's that or a shitload of ice cream cakes, perhaps one per table? Haha now that'd be fun!

Now a little off topic! But PMG (that's an in joke with some of my favorites, most people would say omg) Christmas is like 3 days away! It feels so strange working this close, well not me, I always did, but everyone else, usually people have a couple days off before, it actually doesn't feel like Christmas is that close. Only one and a half wok days left, well two and a half if you include planet surf on Saturday...then it's new years and 2012! Sheesh I'm
Nearly 23....scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment